Global music fans converge on Oslo next week for the annual Øya Festival in Tøyenparken (8-12 August 2017). With more than 120 bands performing on four main stages, this year’s lineup is one of the strongest in years.
Here are five of the acts we’re excited to see take the stage at Øya.
- MØ: Proof that Scandinavia can produce some of the world’s finest pop music, MØ delivers an infectious energy and raw sensuality to her music. We’re loving her latest track, “Nights with You,” and are intrigued by what she’ll bring to the Øya Festival.
- Lana Del Rey: The notoriously melancholy songstress proves she’s more than a gorgeous one-album wonder with her just-released Lust for Life, a beautiful (and surprisingly happy) mix of pop, dance and Coachella-ready tracks. She headlines opening night — we’ll be hanging on her every note.
- Chance the Rapper: We can’t wait to experience the genius of the 24-year-old Grammy-winning Best New Artist of 2017. He brings something new and exciting to every performance. Let’s see what he has for Olso.
- The xx: The acclaimed Brit band went noticeably more up-beat with their third studio album, but their core hard-driving electronica beats and lush vocals haven’t changed. Count us in.
- Cashmere Cat: Norway’s hottest producer specializes in inserting dream-like sounds into pop music. His debut album featured Ariana Grande, The Weekend and MØ — we know he’ll deliver a knock-out set at Øya.
Who are you excited to see at Øya?