Sure, we love a hotel with lush linens, an expansive room service menu and a state-of-the-art gym. But what really gets us excited is a beautifully designed hotel pool. Nothing quite like slipping into our favorite SWIMS loafers and swim shorts, then heading down to check out the scene at the pool.
Here are five of our favorites:
- Hôtel du Cap-Eden-Rock (Antibes, France) The most famous pool on the Côte d’Azur, the Hôtel du Cap-Eden-Rock’s gorgeous infinity pool cuts into the hillside rocks and looks out onto one of the world’s most beautiful stretches of sea. It’s a magnet for global jetsetters, from tech billionaires to the Monégasque monarchy, oligarchs and film stars. Enjoy amazingly fresh sushi and a crisp Provencal rosé as you gaze out on the blue waters of the Mediterranean.
- Singita Lebombo Lodge (Kruger National Park, South Africa) Imagine this: Poolside scrabble with your favorite traveling partner. Slow sips on a gin and tonic as you spot a massive herd of elephants crossing the river below you. It’s a common scene at Singita Lebombo Lodge, one of the most luxurious safari camps in the world. Afternoon dips in Lebombo’s turquoise pool provide the perfect anecdote to South Africa’s hot midafternoon sun — just watch out for sunbathing leopards.
- Marina Bay Sands (Singapore) Fifty-seven stories above the bustling streets of Singapore, this jaw-dropping infinity pool sprawls across the three towers of the Marina Bay Sands Hotel. Sip on the hotel’s modernized version of a Singapore Sling beneath lush palm trees as you gaze out at the city’s epic skyline. Year-round perfection.
- Cheval Blanc Randheli (Maldives) Each of the Randheli’s 45 villas has its own pool, but the main pool is not to be missed. With magnificent views of the Arabian Sea, impeccable service, five-star-plus food and beverage service, and a chill vibe guaranteed to make you forget any woes, the Randheli has earned a place among the world’s most glamorous hotels.
- Hotel Fasano (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) While an afternoon on Copacabana or Ipanema Beach is a must for any trip to Rio, we love the sleek sophistication of the Fasano’s guest-only rooftop infinity pool. It’s such a hot spot that Brazil’s glitteratti often book rooms for the weekend merely to get a space by the Philippe Starck-designed pool. Who’s ready for another Caipirinha?
What’s your favorite hotel pool?